Assignment 3: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Consider the following scenario:
A bomb has just exploded in a nuclear fuel storage facility in Centervale. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is worried because of the extremely high levels of radiation and nuclear particulates contaminating air and water in Centervale.
Use the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet to find examples of response plans to nuclear accidents.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper describing how you would respond to this type of scenario? In your paper, focus on the following points:
- Which agencies would take the lead, and how would they respond to a nuclear accident?
- What type of interagency collaboration would be necessary to effectively respond to a nuclear mishap?
- What type of health risks would a nuclear mishap pose?
Your paper should be in APA format and double-spaced. The font should be 12 point Times New Roman. Include citations of your references.
- Save the paper as M1_A3_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
- By Week 1, Day 7, submit your paper to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Described the required responses in case of a nuclear accident.||
|Described the necessary interagency collaboration, the agencies that would lead the collaboration, and the manner in which the agencies would respond in the case of a nuclear accident.||
|Described the health risks posed by a nuclear accident.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in the accurate representation and attribution of sources; and used correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||