Please discuss the following:
- Discuss the pros and cons of each of the three surveillance methods discussed in the reading (contact tracing, wastewater epidemiology or self-reporting via an app). Which do you think is the most useful at this moment for tackling the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Do you agree with the NYT editorial by Petra Molnar and Diego Naranjo? Explain
Recall from the syllabus:
- Essay (25 points each)
- There will be an essay prompt for each week’s topic. This will be in the same domain of the discussion prompt but you will be asked to perform a brief, independent literature review on the topic and formulate an argument.
- You are expected to cite no fewer than three (3) peer-reviewed journal articles in order to make your case. You may NOT cite any of the articles provided in the weekly learning materials.
- PubMed is a great resource for finding such articles. As an ASU student, you have access to tens of thousands of articles that would otherwise be behind a paywall. Follow these instructions to gain access to PubMed:
- Each essay should be no fewer than 1,000 words and must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document (.docx).
- The first two lines of the document should be your name and the date
- At least 1,000 words of essay content (approximately two (2) pages single-spaced)
- Times New Roman font size 12
- 1 inch margins
- At least three (3) unique peer-reviewed references that were NOT part of the weekly reading materials
- Vancouver or APA citation style
- Failure to follow the instructions will result in a loss of points.