I need help in writing 20 EASY sentences for a 6th grade level. Instructions are below.
Choose 10 words and create one correct and one incorrect sentence for each work (total 20 sentences).
For Example: “galluses”
Correct: I’m headed to Macy’s men’s department to buy matching galluses for my son’s suit.
Incorrect: I was shocked that the mechanic charged me $1,000 to change the galluses in my car.
1. venireman – n. a person summoned to jury duty.
2. superfluous – adj. Beyond what is required or sufficient; surplus, unessential
3. galluses – n. suspenders for trousers.
4. pious – adj. Honest observance of religion; devoted, reverent, virtuous, religious.
5. gavel – n. the hammer used by a presiding officer or auctioneer to signal for order.
6. preposterous – adj. Beyond reason or common sense; absurd, ridiculous, outrageous.
7. pariah – n. a social outcast, recluse, outsider, exile
8. animosity – n. bitter hostility or active hatred.
9. biased – adj. Prejudice, predisposed, partial
10. fervent – adj. Showing great emotion or pride; eager, passionate, zealous
11. firmament – n. sky
12. zeal – n. devotion in pursuit of a cause or goal; fanaticism, fervor, passion
13. petulant – adj. irritable, ill-tempered, impatient especially over a petty annoyance.
14. affable – adj. pleasant, sociable, genial, friendly
15. askance – adv, doubtfully, suspiciously, sideways, disapprovingly
16. levity – n. cheerfulness, lightheartedness, flippancy towards improper gaiety
17. jauntily – adv. Gaily, cheerfully, briskly, sprightly, perky; showing easy confidence.
18. vigorously – adv. Energetically, strongly, enthusiastically, forcefully.
I need this by 11:59PM 3/16/16.