In 2-3 pages answer the following: Do you think that public administrators should be restricted to only laid down rules in the discharge of their duties as espoused by Max Weber or should they have some amount of discretion. Provide the likely benefits and disadvantages of each scenario and use examples to support your argument. (Weber is not specifically address in the readings for this unit; you will have to go back to earlier references to complete this assignment).
In a one to two page paper, examine the situation surrounding one of the following individuals who were extradited forcibly for a crime committed. Explaining why the individual should have been or should not have been extradited. Make sure you use proper APA format and appropriately cite any outside sources used in this paper.
- a. General Manuel Noriega
- b. The 23 CIA employees extradited for the kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric in Milan, Italy in 2003.
- c. Duane Dog Chapman
- d. Roman Polanski
See pages 40-41 in our textbook to help you with this assignment.
Shoulder Tap Crime
Most states make it a crime to purchase alcohol for a minor, sometimes called the shoulder tap crime, based on the typical manner a request by a minor for an adult to buy alcohol occurs. These crimes generally do not require proof that the defendant knew the person was underage.
- Should the same strict liability apply to a host of a party that is attended by both adults and minors, where alcohol at the private party is furnished to both?
- Should a host be able to offer evidence that he reasonably believed the minor was old enough to drink?
- Would it help your case if the jurisdiction made such a defense available to bars and liquor stores that required buyers to provide proof of age?
Use the following case to help guide your analysis:
Your analysis should be a minimum of two pages in length and follow APA formatting and citation guidelines