First, select one of the following critical infrastructure sectors that you have an interest in (links take you to their sector specific plans). Chemical, Commercial Facilities, Communications, Critical Manufacturing, Dams, Energy, Financials Services, Food and Agriculture, Healthcare and Public Health, Information Technology, Transportation Systems, Water Systems.
Then discuss the most prevalent threats your chosen sector currently faces, as well as how a private sector organization within this sector could enhance its ability to provide its essential services when facing such threats and hazards.
Make sure you read the instructions carefully and that you focus your paper on answering the assigned questions. This assignment is a research paper, not an opinion paper, so you need to use scholarly sources to support your thesis. Use formal academic writing and do not use the first person such as I or my; see the OWL site on academic writing style. Make sure you use APA style in-text parenthetical citations at the end of every sentence where you are quoting another’s ideas (or any information) that is not your own thoughts and words, like this (Bergen, 2015, para 14). Citations are required for paraphrases as well, but not the page or paragraph number in that case.
– Written according to the APA style and format;
– Use Times New Roman 12 point font;
– 1 inch margins on all sides with no paragraph indentation other than the first line by .5 inches
– Double space all text (no extra lines or spaces after a paragraph or section headings and no added font sizes or lines either)
– At least 5 FULL pages of content but no more than 6 pages.
– A respectable number of credible resources used, cited in the paper as in-text citations, and included on the reference page. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content (at least 10 scholarly references for this 5 page paper). Use those sources provided to you throughout the course (listed in the announcements), as well as other material obtained from conducting your own research. Freely utilize appropriate and reputable academic sources, summarize in your own words and cite accordingly.