Application: Prospective Donor Education Strategies[shortposting]
Note: The Application Assignment is due by WEDNESDAY BY 9pm NEW YORK TIME THE ASSIGNMENT (1–2 pages) APA FORMAT INTEXT CITATIONS AND REFERNCE SHEET!
Once a relationship with a donor is secured, it is important to educate the individual or the foundation, corporate, or government representative about the need or “cause” for which the nonprofit organization has been established and how the organization addresses that need or cause. Continually updating and educating potential (and current) donors about the work of the organization adds to the depth and meaning of the relationship created in the cultivation process. Education strategies should be tailored to the type of donor (individuals, foundations, corporations, or government entities). Using strategies to target particular donors is an effective way to keep them engaged with the work of the organization.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 7, including the Appendices, in the course text Fundraising Basics: A Complete Guide. Think about how direct mail might be used to educate donors, and consider the types of donors for which direct mail might be most appropriate.
- Review Chapter 13, including the Appendices, in the course text Fundraising Basics: A Complete Guide. Focus on different types of electronic and print communications and how each might be used to educate donors. Then consider the types of donors for which electronic and print communications might be most appropriate.
- Again, Use the nonprofit organization Young Life complete this assignment. Reflect on the mission of the organization, and think about which education strategy might best communicate organizational efforts related to the mission.
- Consider the characteristics of donors that the organization you selected might target and on which it might rely.
- Based on the mission ofYoung Life and the donors on which the organization might rely, identify at least two donor education strategies you think would be most appropriate. Explain why.
- Reflect on the role of volunteers, organizational staff, and board members in using the strategies you identified to educate donors.
THE ASSIGNMENT (1–2 pages) APA FORMAT INTEXT CITATIONS AND REFERNCE SHEET!
- Briefly describe the nonprofit organization you are using for your Final Project. Be sure to include a description of the mission of the organization.
- Describe at least two donor education strategies you would use in the Young Life organization and explain why you selected each. Be sure to explain how each strategy might best communicate organizational efforts related to the mission. In addition, describe the type of donors each strategy targets.
- Describe who in the organization (board, staff, and/or volunteers) might use each strategy, and explain why. Be specific.