Prepare: As you prepare to write your first discussion for this week, take a few moments to do the following:
- Read the active reading strategies described in Chapter 2 of Essentials of College Writing.
- Using the SQ3R method, read Chapters 1 and 2, and the Instructor Guidance for Week One.
- Review the Grading Rubric for this discussion.
Reflect: Take time to reflect on your regular process of reading.
Write: Discuss how the SQ3R reading strategy is similar to and/or different from the way you read course material previously. Explain how using SQ3R improved your comprehension of the course materials.
- Be sure to use specific examples. You can also explore how you might apply this strategy in your everyday life.
- How might SQ3R affect the way you read the newspaper or online articles, for example?
- If using the strategy did not improve your comprehension of the course materials, explain why.
- Ask a question you have about this week’s assigned reading.
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.