This assignment provides the opportunity to interpret results from an assessment tool to determine client problems, strengths, resources, and potential barriers to treatment. For this assignment, learners will select a case study from Riverbend City: Cases Studies media piece that was reviewed in u05s3 (see the Resources for a link). Learners will complete the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) using the media piece for the client in the chosen case study.
- Select a case study from Riverbend City: Case Studies.
- Apply all sections of the ASI using the media piece for this unit.
- Interpret results for each section, indicating client problems, strengths, resources, and potential barriers to treatment.
- Analyze the assessment data to develop a diagnosis based on the DSM-5 criteria.
- Analyze the assessment data and develop initial treatment recommendations for the client in the chosen case study?
- Create two treatment goals for the client in the chosen case study based on the completed ASI data.
- Identify any legal and ethical issues associated with use of the assessment for diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Submit the completed template to the assignment submission area.