Assignment 2.3: Justification Report – Part 3 (Final)
TELECOMMUTE OR COME IN TO OFFICE insurance industry
In Assignments 2.1 (Part 1) and 2.2 (Part 2) of the Justification Report, you built up the major parts of your formal, researched justification report (Problem Statement, Overview of Alternatives, Criteria, Methods, Evaluation of Alternatives, Findings and Analysis, and References). You will begin Part 3 by inserting your revisions of Parts 1 and 2 based on your instructor’s suggestions. Then, you will include a few new additions:
Use the basic outline below to draft your paper. Organize your responses to each question under the following section headings:
- Introduction (for Question 1)
- Problem Statement (for Question 1a)
- Terminology (for Question 1b)
- Major Sections of the Report (for Question 1c)
- Scope and Limitations of the Research (for Question 1d)
- Preliminary Parts (for Question 2)
- Recommendation (for Question 3)
- References (for Question 4)
Write a four (4) page, single-spaced report in which you:
1. Create an introduction that tells what your report is about.
a. Include the Problem Statement that you already created and revised in Part 1.
b. Include terms that readers will need to know in order to understand the report.
c. Briefly summarize the major sections and findings of the report that you’ve developed in Parts 1 and 2.
d. Discuss what your report will cover and what it will not.
2. Create the preliminary parts of the report that precede the Introduction (after reading Chapter 12 in your Professional Communications textbook), which includes:
a. Title Page
c. Table of Contents
d. Executive Summary
Note: Use small Roman numerals to number the pages of the preliminary parts of the report.
3. Create the Recommendation section of the Report.
a. Provide a one to two (1-2) sentence recommendation based on what your Evaluation of Alternatives and Findings and Analysis sections have determined is the most feasible alternative (i.e. solution) to the problem in the Problem Statement.
4. Create the References section, which goes at the end of the Report, by pasting in your revised References page.
Note: Remember to organize the report by the section headings. The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business; single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for formal business reports.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.