Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Select and carefully read 1 of the following articles. Each covers a different theoretical topic. For more information, use the online library to search for the articles.
Consider how 1 of these theoretical topics could have applicability for your own research problem or issue. Use the online library to access the article.
- Disaster Management: Lettieri, E., Masella, C., & Radaelli, G. (2009). Disaster management: Findings from a systematic review. Disaster Prevention and Management, 18(2), 117–136. doi: 10.1108/09653560910953207. ABI/INFORM Collection
- Adult Learning: Roessger, K. M. (2012). Toward an interdisciplinary perspective: A review of adult learning frameworks and theoretical models of motor learning. Adult Education Quarterly, 62(4), 371–392. doi: 10.1177/0741713612436598. Academic Search Complete
- Commitment: Sleesman, D. J., Conlon, D. E., McNamara, G., & Miles, J. E. (2012). Cleaning up the big muddy: A meta-analytic review of the determinants of escalation of commitment. Academy of Management Journal, 55(3), 541–562. Business Source Complete
- Diversity: Stahl, G. K., Maznevski, M. L., Voigt, A., & Jonsen, K. (2010). Unraveling the effects of cultural diversity in teams: A meta-analysis of research on multicultural work groups Journal of International Business Studies, 4(41), 690–709. ABI/INFORM Collection
- Manager Integrity: Davis, A. L., & Rothstein, H. R. (2006). The effects of the perceived behavioral integrity of managers on employee attitudes: A meta-analysis. Journal of Business Ethics, 67, 407–419. Business Source Complete
- Power and Influence: Elias, S. (2008). Fifty years of influence in the workplace: The evolution of the French and Raven power taxonomy. Journal of Management History, 14(3), 267–283. Emerald Management
- Virtual Teams: Martins, L. L., Gilson, L. L., & Maynard, M. T. (2004). Virtual teams: What do we know and where do we go from here? Journal of Management, 30(6), 805–835. SAGE Journals (do not include the question mark when searching for this title in Sage)
- Information Systems: Weigel, F. K., Hazen, B. T., Cegielski, C. G., & Hall, D. J. (2014). Diffusion of innovations and the theory of planned behavior in information systems research: A metaanalysis. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 34, 619–636. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9c7f/d8a6862d3ad9bb06e40de6ff067b5cb865c9.pdf?_ga=2.202617873.1231611503.1547836684-219825567.1543371519
- Interpersonal Trust: Lewicki, R. J., Tomlinson, E. C., & Gillespie, N. (2006). Models of interpersonal trust development: Theoretical approaches, empirical evidence, and future directions. Journal of Management, 32(6), 991–1022. SAGE Journals
- Market Orientation/Market “Driving”: Hills, S., & Sarin, S. (2003). From market driven to market driving: An alternate paradigm for marketing in high technology industries. Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice, 11(3), 13–24. Business Source Complete
- Network: Nah, S. (2014). A theoretical and analytical framework toward networked communities. Journal of the European Institute for Communication and Culture, 17(1), 23-36. doi: 10.1080/13183222.2010.11009024. Academic Source Complete
- Organizational Change: Armenakis, A. A., & Harris, S. G. (2009). Reflections: Our journey in organizational change research and practice. Journal of Change Management, 9(2), 127–142. Business Source Complete
- Organizational Consciousness: Pees, R. C., & Shoop, G. H. (2009). Organizational consciousness. Journal of Health Organization and Management, 23(5), 505–521. Emerald Management
- Organizational Culture: Büschgens, T., Bausch, A., & Balkin, D. B. (2013). Organizational culture and innovation: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 30(4), 763–781. doi: 10.1111/jpim.12021. Business Source Complete
- Organizational Justice/Fairness: Colquitt, J. A., Conlon, D. E., Wesson, M. J., Porter, C. O. L. H., & Ng, K. Y. (2001). Justice at the millennium: A meta-analytic review of 25 years of organizational justice research. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 425–445. Business Source Complete
- Organizational Knowledge Leadership: Lakshman, C. (2007). Organizational knowledge leadership: a grounded theory approach. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 28(1), 51–75. Emerald Management
- Terror Management: Pyszczynski, T. (2004). What are we so afraid of? A terror management theory perspective on the politics of fear. Social Research, 71(4) 827–848. Biography in Context (remove the question mark and put quote marks around the title when searching).
Focus your discussion on the following:
- Include a description of the theoretical topic, along with associated definitions relevant to the theoretical/conceptual area.
- Explain how you could use these theoretical/conceptual ideas or theories to narrow the focus of your selected research problem area.