Based on your readings and research, answer the following:
- Present a brief overview of the purpose for each of the Best Doctors, Inc. products. How are the “Best Doctors” of each type determined? Click here to visit the official Best Doctors website.
Next, click here to read a case study about Mary Jones.
Mary faced several challenges in her ordeal, mainly dealing with her diagnosis and treatment. This was a result of her ability to seek additional assistance and to find diagnosis. She reviewed the WebMD website for additional data and other specialty physician sources. Click here to visit the official WebMD website.
- Do you feel this could have been addressed differently? Why?
- Based on the information presented in this case, what are your observations about current consumer involvement in healthcare? What does this case teach about the use of computers to seek healthcare information?
- Write an imaginary case study for your hypothetical patient.
- Explain how the patient moved through the healthcare delivery system.
- With respect to the costs you calculated last week, describe how the patient will pay for the cost of treatment.
- Analyze the healthcare delivery system as illustrated in this case. What problems did you notice? Would some people find it difficult to pay for treatment? Are there areas where treatment for this illness is unavailable or unaffordable to the common person?
- Your answers for Topic 1 or Topic 2 should be in about two pages.
- Incorporate the feedback you have received from your instructor for all the tasks of the project topic you selected, including the corrective feedback or suggestions for more information.
- Ensure that your completed project meets all of the expectations of each week’s tasks.
- Combine what you have developed in Weeks 2–5 into a single 14- to 16-page Microsoft Word document, applying appropriate headings and formatting to make it one complete document, including works cited or referenced on the final page of the document. Cite all references in APA format.