Which of the following BEST represents leadership involvement?
- Maintaining public relations, influencing followers, and shared purpose
- Influencing followers, maintaining stability, and punishment
- Creating change, influencing followers, and shared purpose
- Shared purpose, encouraging social activities, and employee training
Era 2, of the Model of Leadership Era, sees the emergence of:
- severe global competition
- hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- constant change.
- pre-industrial and pre-bureaucratic society.
1. Why is leadership considered an art?
- Leadership takes practice and experience, as well as personal exploration and development.
- Leadership skills and qualities can be built through reading good books and interacting with successful leaders.
- Leadership skills are derived from setting personal and organizational goals.
- Leaders with charisma characteristic can lead and motivate followers to collaboratively work successfully.
Leadership experts agree that effective leaders:
- have the courage to act on their beliefs.
- lack self-awareness.
- are not sure what they stand for.
- are overall indecisive individuals.
1. Charismatic leadership is included under:
- influence theories.
- behavioral theories.
- trait theories.
- contingency theories.
1. Effective leaders and effective followers are:
- people with different traits.
- people with different behaviors.
- the same people, playing the same role.
- the same people, playing different roles at different times.
1. Which of the following are included in new paradigm of the new reality for leadership?
- Collaboration, diversity, and change and crisis management
- Stability, empowerment, and hero
- Uniformity, competition, and higher ethical purpose
- Humble, diversity, and stability
1. Leaders __________ people with broader ideas of what the company should be and why.
1. Most leaders recognize that trying to maintain stability in a world of change is:
- possible because of globalization.
- a losing battle.
- an important goal.
- the goal of crisis management.
1. The financial crisis on Wall Street can be partially attributed to:
- loan originators.
- self-directed teams.
- leadership vision.
Leadership is both an art and a science. Explain in detail
Management and leadership are not the same. Explain in detail