Create a mini-lesson (15-30 minutes) to address each of the following areas related to literacy development:
- Monday: Oral language and vocabulary
- Tuesday: Phonics, word patterns, and word analysis
- Wednesday: Fluency
- Thursday: Reading Comprehension
- Friday: Writing
Each day’s mini-lesson should address an evaluation of learning that is objective and measurable, and directly assesses the students’ achievement of the targeted academic standards. Every lesson should have the following structure at a minimum:
- Objective (linked to academic standards)
- Materials (include copies of all materials to teach lesson)
- Procedure (a step-by-step description of the lesson from beginning to end)
- Assessment (a concrete, measurable way to assess the objective)
Each mini-lesson should be a piece of the larger whole, not individual or unconnected lessons.
Write a 1,500-1,750-word proacticum reflection that includes the following:
- A synopsis of your observations in the reading classrooms, and how they influenced your Language Arts Unit Plan.
- A reflection on the language arts unit plan after you taught it. What were its strengths and weaknesses? What would you change and why? What did you learn about teaching from your mentor teacher? Include this reflection with your unit plan.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are required to submit it to Turnitin.