According to Kabene et al. (2006), “proper management of human resources is critical in providing a high quality of health care. A refocus on human resources management in health care and more research are needed to develop new policies. Effective human resources management strategies are greatly needed to achieve better outcomes from and access to health care around the world.” HR professionals and health care leaders will team together to tackle projects and challenges facing the organization.
Kabrene, S. M., Ochard, C., Howard, J. M., Soriano, M. A., & Leduc, R. (2006). The importance of human resources management in health care: a global context. Retrieved from https://human-resources-health.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1478-4491-4-20
For your fourth and final component of your Session Long Project read the following article:
Muller, D. (2015). 5 Employee relations challenges confronting healthcare. Retrieved from https://www.hracuity.com/blog/5-employee-relations-challenges-confronting-healthcare
Assume that the 5 challenges presented in the article are currently affecting Trident Emergency Care Center (TECC). As the recently hired Healthcare Administrator at TECC it is your task to develop a corrective action plan that would effectively address these challenges.
In a 12-14 slide PowerPoint presentation (not including the title or reference pages), for each issue you should include/address the following in your corrective action plan:
- What actions or changes will occur?
- Who will carry out these?
- What resources (i.e. money, staff) are needed to carry out these changes?
- Who should know what and How should it be communicated?
Your PowerPoint should include only bullet points and majority of your information (speaking points) should be in your speaker notes section.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your responses.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 15 slides (not including the title or reference slides).
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 1-2 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.