Imagine that you are a manager of a social services department that works with a law enforcement task force that interacts with families. You have been asked to explain basic social psychology concepts to new personnel assigned to the department and the law enforcement task force. In this assignment, you will communicate two concepts from social psychology in writing. For each concept, you will provide the following information:
(b) Application to society
(c) Application to criminal justice
(d) Application to the individual
Your definition should be clear, complete and correct. Furthermore, your explanations of the applications should include at least one concrete example.
Choose two of the following concepts to address:
- Survey research
- Hindsight bias
- External attribution
- Cognitive dissonance
- Media persuasion
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins. Document your sources in APA-format using in-text citations that match up with references. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe research methods that are used for studying social psychology.
- Apply concepts of social psychology to personal and professional situations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in social psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about social psychology using proper grammar and mechanics.