Topic: Choose one of the three modern connection you wrote about in the Making Connections assignment.
Format: MLA format, Times New Roman, size 12, no cover page
Length: 4-5 pages
Use of Outside Sources: You must make appropriate use of at least five reliable, college-level sources. All of your sources should be credible, scholarly preferred, and at least three must be from a database within Galileo or be scholarly books checked out from a USG library. NO ordinary dot com sites (i.e. About.com) or Wikipedia pages should be used. General encyclopedias such as Encyclopedia Britannica and Funk and Wagnalls World Book, are not college-level sources despite being in GALILEO. Specialized encyclopedias, such as The Encyclopedia of Feminist Literature, are fine.
- Have I incorporated an MLA style author block, title, and pagination?
- Is my essay double-spaced?
- Does my introduction contain a hook and enough development to interest the reader?
- Is my thesis clear? Have I stated and defined my position clearly and concisely?
- Do my body paragraphs contain evidence from my research materials in support of my thesis?
- Have I used in-text citations for all paraphrased and quoted research material?
- Does my conclusion adequately complete my discussion of the topic? Does it leave the reader thinking about the essay?
- Have I included an MLA style Works Cited Page with at least FIVE credible sources?
- Are all of my sentences stated as clearly and concisely as possible?
- Is my writing free of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors?