Assignment 1: Communication Perspectives and Power[shortposting]
In this module, you read about and discussed three emerging perspectives that influence communication within organizations. Further, you gained insight into how each perspective alone may not be sufficient and how a combination of components from some of the traditional and emerging perspectives might better address twenty-first-century interpersonal and organizational communications. The task for this assignment is to apply the emerging theories in addressing a communications issue you have experienced in your organization.
On the basis of your research and experience, in a minimum of 300–500 words, respond to the following:
- Consider and discuss one communication issue you have experienced in your organization.
- Apply the postmodern, critical, and feminist communication perspectives independently to resolve the communication issue.
- Identify and analyze the communication perspective that you feel best explains this issue.
- Ensure your response additionally addresses the power component of each perspective.
- Support your answer with relevant examples, personal experiences, and citational support from academic research sources.
Use resources from professional literature in your research. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).