“An Overview of Financial Management
* * From the e-Activity, examine ethical behavior within firms in relation to financial management. Provide two (2) examples of companies that have been guilty of ethics-based malfeasance related to financial management and determine why their comeuppance was deserved.
* * From the scenario, recommend two (2) actions that Trevose Fitness Center (TFC) could take in order to raise capital that will, in turn, enable it to reach its expansion goals. Defend your response. Support your recommendation with two (2) real-world examples of successful implementations of these actions.
Analysis of Financial Statements” Please respond to the following:
* From the e-Activity, determine why it is sometimes misleading to compare a company’s financial ratios with those of other firms that operate within the same industry. Support your response with one (1) example from your research.
* * From the scenario, determine two (2) strategies that TFC could utilize to reach its expansion goals. You may, for example, consider your analysis of TFC’s financial statements, as well as your knowledge of TFC’s excessive cash position. Provide a rationale for your response.
* Use the Internet to research instances when a company’s financial ratios did not align with those of other firms that operate within the same industry. Be prepared to discuss.
“Time Value of Money and Bond Valuation” Please respond to the following:
* Examine the concept of time value of money in relation to corporate managers. Propose two (2) methods in which time value of money can help corporate managers in general.
* Examine the pros and cons of a sinking fund from the viewpoint of both a firm and its bondholders. Determine the fundamental manner in which this knowledge could be helpful to a financial manager. Provide a rationale for your response.