For this assignment, you’ll be given a real-world scenario from which you’ll have to draft a third-party contract. Again, this is the sort of task you might actually do at a law firm.
Your attorney has asked you to draft a Notice of Assignment and Assignment of a lease dated July 15, 2013, between Harry Crawford, landlord, and Lyle Morgan, tenant.
Lyle wants to assign his rights to Molly Riley. The assignment is for the property located at 11863 Main Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut, and is effective the date the assignment is drafted. Lyle is our client and wants to be relieved of any obligation.
Draft both the Notice of Assignment and the Assignment. Be sure to use the general contractual agreements and the characteristics of effective legal writing.
- Review Exhibit 11-11 on pages 304-305 of the textbook for an example of an Assignment.
- Using this example as a guide, prepare an Assignment based on the facts of the scenario in Microsoft Word.
- Use the example as a guide only. Do not just copy the example. Use your own words. Be creative.
- Fully complete the Assignment with all of the necessary contractual agreements.
- At the bottom of the contract, please add the citation for the textbook so that you give proper credit.
- Search the Internet for examples of “Notice of Assignment.”
- Using Microsoft Word, prepare a Notice of Assignment based on the facts of this scenario.
- Use the examples you found as guides only. Do not just copy the examples. Use your own words. Be creative.
- Fully complete the Notice of Assignment with all of the necessary contractual agreements.
- At the bottom of the contract, please copy and paste any web sites you used to help you create your Notice of Assignment.
- By this Sunday, 11:59 PM (Mountain), submit both the Notice of Assignment.
Check out the Rubric to find out how you will be evaluated.