Abstract is required
In this assignment, you will build upon the assignment completed in M1 Assignment 3. This assignment is a 5-page draft of your final project, which is due in Module 5. You will want to start developing some of the key components of that paper. You will need to further refine, add content to, and polish this draft in order for it to meet the final requirements in Module 5, which is a 10- to 15-page final draft. This draft will need to be in APA format, which includes a title page and a reference page; however, no abstract is needed. On the reference page, please include a list of the ten sources you plan to use in the final draft, although you may not need to use all of them for this draft.
For this assignment, you will need to include a brief summary of what you will elaborate on in the final draft and:
- Describe your selected criminal behavior.
- Discuss the etiology theories discussed in Module 2 as they pertain to your selected criminal behavior.
- Describe relevant prevention, intervention, and treatment specific to your criminal behavior.
- List at least ten scholarly sources on your reference page that you plan to utilize in your final draft.
Module 5: Module 5 – M5 Assignment 2 LASA
Assignment 2: LASA
In this assignment, you will write a 10- to 15-page paper applying what you have learned throughout this course. You will build upon the assignment completed in M4 Assignment 2. This paper is to be in the correct APA format, which includes a title page, an abstract page, and at least ten scholarly sources. You must consider all of the following for your paper:
- Describe a criminal behavior in detail addressing how multicultural characteristics might influence the behavior as well as perceptions of the behavior by society. (approximately 3–4 pages).
- Define all relevant typologies or categories that pertain to your selected criminal behavior in detail
- Identify the statistics for the incident and rate of your selected criminal behavior in the U.S. Evaluate any issue you find with the statistics (i.e., possible issue with underreporting).
- Describe the typical perpetrator of your selected criminal behavior (i.e., in terms of gender, age, race, SES, etc.).
- Describe the developmental risk factors associated with your selected criminal behavior.
- Describe the biological, social learning, and sociological theories related to your selected criminal behavior.
- Apply at least two historical psychological theories related to your selected criminal behavior (i.e., psychoanalytical, theories of aggression, etc.).
- Describe current prevention, intervention, and treatment associated with your selected criminal behavior.
- Discuss specific modalities (i.e., group treatment, individual treatment, social programs, etc.) and types of treatment (i.e., cognitive behavioral, empathy training, anger management, etc.).
- Identify statistics related to treatment success and recidivism rates for your selected criminal behavior.
- Summarize the main points discussed in your paper.
- Discuss what is needed in terms of future research (i.e., more research on risk factors, etiology or more research on better treatment, etc.).
- By Monday, March 20, 2017, save your paper as M5_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit it to the M5 Assignment 2 LASA Dropbox.
The LASA is worth 300 points and will be graded according to the following rubric