DUE WITHIN 5 HOURS PLEASE PLAGIARIZED.
Discussion—Comparison of Editorials
In this assignment, you will identify and explore your intuitive critical-thinking strategies. It is the starting point to developing the skills to analyze information critically.
Research methods of identifying strong and weak arguments using your textbook and the Argosy University online library resources. Be sure to cover the following:
- Identify premises and conclusions
- Discuss whether or not an inference is warranted
- Determine whether arguments utilize inductive or deductive reasoning
For this assignment, your facilitator will assign you one of the following debates:
- Debate 1: Should the “Ashley X” treatments have been permitted?
Each debate has two sets of articles for review. Your facilitator will assign you one of these sets.
Each set has two articles with two varying, but important, perspectives on the same subject. Be sure to read both articles in the set.
These pairs of articles focus on the subject of “Ashley X,” a child with static encephalopathy who underwent radical surgical procedures to facilitate her care and, thereby, ostensibly improve her quality of life.
Respond to the following:
- Identify and explain the strongest argument in each article.
- Identify and explain the weakest argument in each article.
Give reasons and examples from your research in support of your response.
Your initial response should be about 300–400 words in length, with at least one reference cited in APA format. Be sure to reply to at least two of your classmates using at least 75 words per response.