This Assignment has two parts. The first is comparing and contrasting a preschool classroom and a classroom for children five years old and more and sharing developmentally appropriate practices. The second is identifying your educational philosophy and how it aligns with best practices in early childhood theory. Your Assignment should be 3–4 pages, not including the cover and reference pages.
Discuss a preschool classroom and a classroom for children five years old or more. Describe how the environments should use the principle of age appropriateness and share what materials, activities, and routines should be used in each classroom. Choose a theme for each lesson and analyze the concept and characteristics of a developmentally appropriate curriculum. Create a developmentally appropriate lesson for each one and identify the similarities and differences between each lesson.
Describe your own educational philosophy in detail. Explain best practices that relate to your philosophy and describe how you will implement them. Support your philosophy and your best practices by incorporating current and past research in early childhood theory. Be sure to include the most effective ways to demonstrate professionalism and social responsibility as an educator.
Writing Requirements and Guidelines
Your Assignment should include:
- Cover page
- Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Complete Parts 1 and 2 detailed above
- 3–4 pages
- Reference list
- Sources in APA format
- You must use your text and two additional sources
- Times New Roman 12 point font, Double-spaced
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized, logical, and unified as well as original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style