Question: Investigate and report on up and coming technologies that will continue to transform the healthcare industry.
· Pages should be set with 1-inch margins.
· Font should be 12-point Times New Roman.
· Lines should be doubled-spaced throughout the document, without extra spaces at the top or bottom of the page or between paragraphs or sections.
· A complete document includes a title page, an abstract (if the instructor requires it), the body of the paper, a reference list, and appendices (if indicated). The paper should be 10 to 12 pages in length, not including cover page.
Basic Structure of Scholarly Writing:
· Body (development of the points)
More Details about Parts of the Paper:
1. The abstract should summarize the content of the report, not be an introduction (the “tone” of the abstract should be similar to news broadcast). Include the following: a) what the paper is about, b) types of resources used to investigate your report and how they were obtained, and c) significant implications. Limit the abstract to 150 words or less.
- The body of thepaper begins with the introduction (page 3 of the paper if there is an abstract).
- The introduction should:
i. Relate the purpose of the paper (e.g., to present the issue and suggest how to resolve it?).
ii. Define key concepts.
iii. Indicate the significance.
iv. State your thesis statement.
b. Next, there should be a development of points (arguments) that were mentioned in the introduction. The body looks at, analyzes, and evaluates the evidence (from the literature) and makes connections that present your points, step by step (a logical development of rationale), to support your thesis statement.
i. There should be a clear indication of the significance of the problem to nursing practice or other discipline, supported by the literature
ii. Then, present the arguments about how to manage this issue or topic.
iii. Consider what applies from the article(s) that support your persuasive argument. (no more than 20% of the paper should be quoted material). Also, avoid using bulleted lists.
c. The last paragraph of the body of the paper will be the conclusion. .
3. The paper will end with a reference list of each reference cited in the paper. Consider the following:
a. Use articles that were published within the past five years.
b. Look for peer-reviewed articles in notable journals Look at the major nursing journals.
c. Do not use Wikipedia as a reference.