Week 4 – Assignment[shortposting]
As the Department Chair of ELL you have been offered the opportunity to receive initial funding of $250,000 to begin an assistive technology pilot for ELL students. After a year, you will have to show how the assistive technology has improved learning and language development.
In this assignment you will choose an assistive technology and do the following:
FIRST: Research the unit cost of the technology, how much training is needed, how much maintenance and also look at recent articles, statistics. If possible, interview a business rep for the product or local education administrator who has this product in use.
SECOND: Select a school district from the School District Demographics System – Map Viewer and use the demographics of your chosen school district to address the following. Please provide a thorough description of the district you have chosen. The paper must be three to five pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.
- Explain the type of assistive technology that will best meet the needs of your specific district’s demographics
- Identify how the assistive technology is sold (Individually for each student, licensed per computer, a package for one district, etc…)
- Address the individual cost as well as the total cost (support this information with citations and documentation)
- Identify who will receive the training. (all teachers only ELL teachers, etc…)
- Explain how and when training will be provided for the teachers.
- At the conclusion of the year, how will you measure student success?
- What are your ideal benchmarks and target goals throughout the year?
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.