Assignment 3.1: Persuasive Message – Draft Version
Due Week 6 and worth 50 points
Write a four to five (4-5) paragraph form letter to potential customers on the range of services your business or organization can provide. (The business/organization and customer(s) may be “real” or fictitious.)
The letter should include the following:
- The structure of the letter follows the four-point persuasive outline, AIDA – Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action.
- The content stresses a central theme, selling point, or appeal to the customer.
- The content includes supportive information and details describing the range of services your business or organization can provide.
- Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements.
Follow writing principles of unity, coherence, and emphasis. Keep paragraphs short. Use concrete nouns and active verbs. Use specific language. Consider using bulleted lists to present information clearly. (Refer to Figures 8-9 and 8-10 in Professional Communications for sample letters.)
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.