Research the implications of equal protection for K-12 students within one of the following groups:[shortposting]
- Classifications based on English language learners;
- Classifications through ability grouping/tracking;
- Classifications in academic programs based on gender;
- Classifications in sports programs based on gender; and
- Classifications to assign students to specific schools for racial balance.
In a 500-750-word essay, address the following for the group that you have chosen:
- Summarize the factual background on how the students are classified;
- Identify the legal issues presented by these classifications; and
- Describe what equal protection requires.
Include at least five references in your essay. At least three of the five references should cite U.S. Supreme Court cases.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.