1. (A)Write a 2-4 page essay (typed in Word size 12 font double spaced) on one of the following topics:
1.) Compare and contrast Finnis with Tooley.
2.) Compare and contrast Tooley with Marquis.
3.) Compare and contrast Tooley with Thompson.
4.)Discuss how the concept of person plays a role in the debate about abortion. Discuss the use of this concept in at least three of the authors studied in this section.
Cite all sources with quotation marks for direct quotes and parenthetical references. Don’t place urls in the body of your paper; cite online sources by authors name or article title. Place urls at the end of the paper in the work cited page. Every student is encouraged to submit drafts of papers to Askonline under the tutoring tab for assistance with composition and proofreading.
2. (B)Write a 2-4 page essay (in Word, double spaced, size 12 font) on one of the following topics.
1. Discuss some of the ethical implications of using assisted reproduction. In your essay reference at least three of the authors studied in this section.
2. Discuss the ethical implications of prenatal testing. In your essay reference the work of Purdy, Asch, and Chadwick and Levitt.
3. Explain Parfit’s distinction between future people and possible people. What are the ethical implications of this view (reference work by Asch, Handscombe etc in your answer).
4. Discuss the two conceptions of disability discussed in Asch. Compare her essay with that of Chadwick and Levitt; what similarities and differences do you find between these two essays?
5) compare and contrast the articles by Asch and Chadwick and Levitt with the films by Aronson (Sound and Fury (available on Netflix and Youtube) and Sound and Fury Six Years Later (available on Youtube)).
Cite all sources to avoid plagiarism. Proof read carefully.
Cite all sources with quotation marks for direct quotes and parenthetical references. Don’t place urls in the body of your paper; cite online sources by authors name or article title. Place urls at the end of the paper in the work cited page.
3. (C) Write a 2-4 page typed essay in Word (double spaced, size 12 font) on one of the following topics.
1) Compare the position of the Sacred Congregation and or Grisez and Boyle with any of the other articles on euthanasia.
2) Compare and contrast Rachel’s article with that of either Nesbitt or Kuhse.
3) Discuss Siegler’s argument for the contention that confidentiality is a decrepit concept. What according to his essay is worth saving about confidentiality and why is confidentiality nevertheless important for the practice of medicine?
4) Compare and contrast the two articles on whether doctors should tell their patients the truth; which do you find to be most persuasive and why? What do you imagine, given his article, Kant would say about this issue?
5) Discuss Mill’s conception of liberty; is this conception less or more plausible given the article on “Amputees by Choice”?