Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper that analyzes the influences of race as it relates to your community. In your paper, write your first-person account of how human interactions in your community have been racialized. For the community, you may consider relations within your neighborhood, local government, service groups, clubs, schools, workplace, or any environment of which you are a part.
Answer the following questions and provide examples:
- Do members of your community look like you? In what ways do they look the same or different?
- How do leaders within your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
- How do other members of your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
- Do your texts or work manuals contain information by or about people like you?
- Do the local media represent people like you? If so, in what ways?
- What are some similarities and differences between you and the people who are in leadership positions in your community? Do you think minority group interests are represented within your community?
- If you could resolve any inequities within your community, what would you change? How and why?
- Which main concepts from the text relate to race? Apply some of these concepts to your project.