“Ethics and Trust in Critical Thinking Decisions” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine you are seeking information on a new car that you are thinking of buying. Determine the level of trust that you would place in information provided by the following: a salesman at the car lot, the dealer’s Website, social media (i.e. Facebook), an associate from work, and finally a close friend. Discuss the key factors involved in assessing the amount of trust that you put into each.
- If you were in a position to persuade another person, explain whether or not you would slant information in such a way as to make your point seem more credible if you sincerely believed that your position was correct. Discuss the primary ethical dilemmas that this scenario could cause for both you and the person whom you are trying to persuade.
“The Value of Critical Thinking” Please respond to the following:
- Give your opinion on whether being an effective critical thinker makes decision making easier or more challenging. Justify your response.
- Consider the following statement: “The major difference between a successful person and one that is not successful is that the successful person, over time, tends to make better decisions than the less successful person.” Discuss whether or not you believe this statement to be true. Explain the fundamental ways in which effectively applying critical thinking concepts has helped you to become more successful.
“Reflection” Please respond to the following:
- Reflect on what you have learned in this class. Describe the significant ways in which you would be able to utilize critical thinking in your personal and professional life.
- Discuss at least two (2) key concepts that you felt were most impactful to you this term and the manner in which you might use these concepts in the future.