In this activity, you explore the benefits of joining the professional association that represents your professional area of specialization. The American Health Information Management Association is the association who offers the credentials in this profession and tracks your continuing education through the years. This week you will also be applying for student membership which will be paid by Rasmussen College! This is a fantastic opportunity that will get you involved in AHIMA right away![shortposting]
- Explore the AHIMA website at http://www.ahima.org
- Write a 1-2 page report about what you learned from this website. Be sure to share the following information in your writing:
- AHIMA’s mission statement
- Benefits of membership, including at least 1 benefit specific to Student Membership
- Value of being a member
- How you think you will use this association and website in your career
- Information about an upcoming seminar, meeting or recognition week
- An example of a recent article posted on the site
Your paper should:
- be 1-2 pages in length.
- properly cite research sources.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- APA style