Interview an adult or elderly African American or read a narrative by an elderly African American about childhood and family life. One resource to consider for this assignment is the Library of Congress website, where you can research African American oral history. If you choose a narrative, please obtain approval from the professor.[shortposting]
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that addresses the following:
· Describe the conditions of your interviewee’s childhood and young adulthood, such as his or her family life, schooling, first job, and so forth. What is the role of the family for this person?
· What childhood experiences unique to African Americans can you identify from the interviewee?
· What health care concerns unique to African Americans does your interviewee describe? How did he or she deal with these issues?
· Analyze the differences and similarities between past experiences and conditions for African American families today. Have conditions changed?
· Compare the experiences of your interviewee with your experiences. Describe how they differ and how they are similar.
Include at least three peer-reviewed sources (journal articles) and the textbook for a total of at least 4 sources.