n this assignment you will analyze food labels, list the nutrient classes and their functions, and summarize the consequences of overnutrition and undernutrition.[shortposting]
Complete the Food Label and Health assignment by providing a response of at least 300 words in APA format to this assignment. Include the following:
- Discuss what the 5/20 rule is according to the Food Label and You video. Include an example of a food label from your own pantry, clearly stating how the rule applies to specific nutrients on the food label.
- Outline how the 5/20 rule would be applied to at least two chronic diseases. For the diseases mentioned which nutrients should be reduced or increased?
- Discuss the proposed Food Label changes outlined in the Textbook explaining how the changes would help consumers understand food labels more effectively.
- Examine the food labels for three food items in your own pantry or refrigerator. Name the food products and build a list or a chart, indicating the following components:
- Total calories per serving
- Percentage of calories from fat
- Total amount of carbohydrates (in grams)
- Total amount of protein (in grams)
- Total amount of fiber (in grams)
- From your knowledge of nutrient intake and their associated chronic disease risk, are there changes you would make for the food labels examined?