Chapter six in our textbook discusses Fusion Centers. Read the text, and using information from the text and at least two of the following listed sources, answer the following questions in the form of an essay.[shortposting]
Be sure to identify passages you are quoting, summarizing, or paraphrasing in your essay, and be sure to identify which source those words or ideas come from. Do not use any outside sources other than those listed:
- Why were Fusion Centers created?
- What are the main goals of a Fusion Center? Which one do you think is most important? Why?
- What is different and important about the staffing of Fusion Centers that proponents say make them effective?
- Is there or could there be a relationship between the public staffing and function of Fusion Centers and private policing? If so, what might it be, if not, why not?
Navigate to the web sites listed below. Each has a search function that can be used to request information about topics such as Fusion Centers. Search for information on Fusion Centers to use in your paper. Not all sites will have useable information on all topics:
Your paper must be formatted in the following manner:
- The paper must be 500-750 words in length. Only the body of the paper counts towards the length. No information that belongs on a title page or reference page will count towards the length requirement.
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font, and double-space your lines.