Assignment 1: How Companies Can Maintain Their Success in Different Markets
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, research the different historical, institutional, and cultural factors in each emerging market that have an influence on the way firms in those countries develop.
Choose two BRIC countries and compare the impact of those factors on their company’s success and how management models need to be adapted to keep companies successful in different markets. Use examples to illustrate your points. Compare the implications and the success factors in those markets with those of the home country and traditional markets of an organization you are familiar with.
Discuss your findings with your peers, sharing relevant points from your research and professional experience in your responses. Give reasons in support of your responses. Be sure to cite any relevant resources.
Write your initial response in 500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail; include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA style; and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
By Saturday, October 10, 2015, post your response to the below Discussion Area.
Assignment 2: LASA—The Success of Global Players in the International Marketplace
Description of LASA
Since the 1990s, emerging economies like the BRICS countries, have increasingly attracted the attention of investors and have shown increased market participation in terms of world trade and capital flows. They have become important producer and consumer markets as well as great financial centers, with an increasing internationalization of domestic companies, via mergers and acquisition or joint ventures. The same trend can be observed in terms of outflow foreign direct investment (FDI) coming from those economies (DeAquino & Robertson, 2014).
Those numbers show that companies reallocated their capital around the world as part of their strategy to arrange global or regional production networks in order to capture the benefits from different markets and, by being close to final customers, reducing costs for logistics, insurance, etc.
This competitive strength and the knowledge of how to develop an efficient and effective supply chain in different environments can provide an advantage when entering or trading with other international markets, both in emerging economies as well as in developed countries.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, research and select at least five (5) peer-reviewed, academic resources (beyond the assigned readings) for use in this assignment.
Complete the following in a report:
- Identify 2 companies that have extended their operations to new international markets and evaluate the impact of that decision on their management models and operations, covering each one of the following elements:
- Political and legal issues
- Supply chain management
- Labor standards and diverse workforce engagement and qualification
- Cultural differences
- Import/export policies and tariff barriers
- Exchange rates
- Portfolio management and growth strategies
- Based on the experience you acquired after gathering and analyzing the above data, do you think companies tend to extend operations more frequently to emerging economies or developed countries? Explain why you think that happens and provide some examples.
- If you were hired as a consultant to help a company to extend operations to new markets, explain how you would advise your client concerning regional trade agreements and modes of entry/business models to be used.
Your report should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and APA format.
Write an 8-pages report in Word format using the APA Paper Guide. Be sure to reference at least at least five (5) professional and academic sources beyond the assigned readings. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M7_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, October 14, 2015, deliver your assignment.