Intervention 2 – Building Self-EfficacyBuilding self-efficacy is important because it has an impact on motivation, goal setting, self-esteem, and mood, all of which in turn, impact performance.
In this assignment, you will write a brief intervention plan (1–2 pages) on how you would develop an athlete’s self-efficacy utilizing Bandura’s self-efficacy theory. Please review Bandura’s 1977 article to help you with this assignment.
Use the following case study to help frame your response:
Case Study: The coach of the Bulldogs is having difficulty building confidence in one of the younger players on the team. The athlete is performing much lower than what was expected and in comparison to previous years. The athlete reports feeling intimidated and “not good enough” when playing against other athletes on the team.
How might you help this athlete develop more efficacy in a specific skill? Be sure to address all four components of Bandura’s model (mastery experience, verbal persuasion, modeling, and physiological and psychological state) and provide examples.
For this assignment, you are asked to develop a 1–2 page intervention plan. Please make sure to review the scoring rubric to see how the assignment will be graded. The plan must:
- Describe all four components of Bandura’s model to improve self-efficacy.
- Apply Bandura’s model to create a plan to improve self-efficacy in a performance skill.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA current edition style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 1–2 typed double-spaced pages, not including required cover sheet and reference page. No abstract required.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.