Choose one article from the below list to use as the basis of the evaluation review. All articles are available via the Ashford Library in the database listed.
- Coulon, S. M., Wilson, D. K., Griffin, S., St George, S. M., Alia, K. A., Trumpeter, N. N.,. . . Gadson, B. (2012). Formative process evaluation for implementing a social marketing intervention to increase walking among African Americans in the positive action for today’s health trial. American Journal of Public Health, 102(12), 2315-21. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
- Klesges, R. C., Talcott, W., Ebbert, J. O., Murphy, J. G., McDevitt-Murphy, M. E., Thomas, F., & … Nicholas, R. A. (2013). Effect of the alcohol misconduct prevention program (AMPP) in Air Force technical training. Military Medicine, 178(4), 445-451. doi:10.7205/MILMED-D-12-00400. Retrieved from the EBSCO database.
- Mason-Jones, A., Mathews, C., & Flisher, A. J. (2011). Can peer education make a difference? Evaluation of a South African adolescent peer education program to promote sexual and reproductive health. AIDS and Behavior, 15(8), 1605-11. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10461-011-0012-1. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
- Palm Reed, K. M., Hines, D. A., Armstrong, J. L., & Cameron, A. Y. (2015). Experimental evaluation of a bystander prevention program for sexual assault and dating violence. Psychology Of Violence, 5(1), 95-102. doi:10.1037/a0037557. Retrieved from the EBSCO database.
After reading the selected article, in a four to five page paper you should:
- Describe the selected program.
- Summarize the evaluation that was conducted on this program and the findings of evaluation. Consider the following questions:
- How was each phase of the evaluation conducted for this program?
- What results were found in each phase of the process?
- Compare and contrast the evaluation process of this program with what our course readings suggest should be included in each phase of evaluation.
- Analyze the effectiveness of each of the methods used to evaluate the program. Consider the following questions:
- Did the methods used to conduct each phase of the evaluation provide the information the program managers set out to investigate? Why or why not?
- Are the methods used in the evaluations internally and externally valid? Why or why not?
- What was missing in each phase of evaluation?
- What additional information do you think should have been collected? How should it have been collected?
- Based on your analysis, develop at least three recommendations for how the evaluation process and/or the overall program should be changed. Consider the following questions:
- What do the evaluation results suggest is being done “right” or “wrong” in the evaluation process or program?
- How should the program have originally been created or how should it be changed based on the evaluation findings?
The Evaluation Review
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include a clear and succinct introduction introducing the topic and a conclusion that summarizes the main points of the paper.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.