In recent times, HD-DVD and Blu-ray were competing technology formats for creating and watching movies on DVDs. Neither was compatible with the other. Eventually, Blu-ray won the competition. Use the Internet to research the competition between the two (2) technology formats, and determine the key reasons why Blu-ray prevailed.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief overview of the organizations that have developed and promoted each format.
- Examine the benefits and drawbacks of each format for users. Determine whether you agree or disagree that Blu-ray was the superior choice technologically over HD-DVD. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine the processing hardware requirements for both the HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Compare and contrast the similarities and differences of each.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.