Create History of Educational Technology Timeline
For this assignment, you will write a two-page paper in which you describe at least eight events you think are important in the history of educational technology. You will also create a visual representation of the educational technology historic events you have chosen to describe.
Creating the Timeline
Examine the “Timelines” section of the Week Two Resources document and watch the Timleine JS tutorial video on how to create your own timeline using Timeline JS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAWbm4gF9lU . Create a visual representation of the educational technology historic events you have chosen to describe using a mixture of dates, graphics, and textual information. Work with the images you stored on (Flickr or Shutterfly) in week one as a source of images for your timeline.
- Go to Timeline JS, click on the Examples link in the navigation at the top of the page and view several examples that have been made using this free software.
- When you are ready to make your own, click on the “Make a timeline now” link and follow the directions.
- For each event you will need an approximate time frame (e.g., 1930-1940), a title (e.g., Invention of the Computer), an image (you collected these in Week One), and a brief explanation of why you chose this event.
NOTE: EDU 352 students have found Tiki-Toki easier to use and more flexible than JS Timeline.
Writing Your Paper
Construct a two-page paper (excluding title and references pages) in which you describe at least eight events you think are important in the history of educational technology. In your paper:
- Describe each historical event you chose.
- Explain why you chose these events, their relevance to educational technology, and how they have impacted learning.
- Classify whether each technology is emerging, mature, or on the wane.
- Format your paper according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You can also refer to the APA Guidance section of the classroom, which can be accessed through the Learning Resources tab in the left navigation pane.
- On the References page, make sure you include the sources of all text information and images.
- Submit your paper with the link to your timeline included in the paper by Day 7.