Critical Infrastructure Assessment Activity
You have been hired as a security consultant by the mayor of a small city with which you are familiar. City hall has received multiple letters and phone calls in recent weeks from at least one individual who claims to represent ISIS. The FBI believes the threat may be credible.
The mayor has hired you to conduct a brief assessment of infrastructure within the city limits and to report back on the top five locations of critical infrastructure that should be reinforced by additional police and security presence.
- Select a city or town with which you are already somewhat familiar in the USA.
- Familiarize or refamiliarize yourself with the area by viewing the city or town website and Google Maps or Google Earth layout.
- Review Presidential Policy Directive 21 (PPD-21) located here: gov/the-press-office/2013/02/12/presidential-policy-directive-critical-infrastructure-security-and-resil” target=”_blank”>https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/12/presidential-policy-directive-critical-infrastructure-security-and-resil.
- Review the critical infrastructure categories on the DHS website located here: https://www.dhs.gov/critical-infrastructure-sectors
- Prepare a one- or two-slide brief to the mayor with your recommendations on which locations within the city limits should be reinforced with additional law enforcement and security presence.