Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Assignment
Using MS Word: What Does the Library Have to Offer?
Write a one- to two-page essay that describes the benefits of using the Ashford University Library. Your paper should:
- Explain the differences between scholarly resources and popular resources.
- Describe the key things to remember when searching for sources within the Ashford University Library (e.g., databases, [email protected] search tool).
- Detail how you will be most effective and efficient in finding resources that fit your research needs.
Please watch the required video tutorial Quick ‘n’ Dirty by clicking on the video below. Runtime: 4:15 min.
Click here for the Quick ‘n’ Dirty Transcript.
Format your paper according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your paper should demonstrate your ability to use the functions within MS Word to create a document with the following elements:
a. A title page (see below for specific information to include on this page)
- Page numbers located in the top, right corner of the page (header page number function)
- Paragraphs that are double spaced with the first line indented by .5 inch (line spacing function)
- Page margins set to one inch on all four sides (margins function)
- Spelling and grammar check (spelling & grammar function)
- Must be one to two pages in length (excluding title page and reference page) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your paper should include at least two sources from the Ashford University Library. Focus on including scholarly sources.
- Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement. Statements such as “This paper is about…” or “I am going to tell you…” are not acceptable in college-level writing.
Must address the topic of this paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
The Ashford Writing Center (AWC) has two kinds of tutoring available to you.
- Live Chat – If you have writing-related questions about a topic before you draft a discussion, post or submit a written assignment, you will now be able to chat live with a tutor for up to 20 minutes. Live Chat will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST).
- Email Paper Review – If you have a draft, partial draft, or are just having trouble getting started, you can complete a submission form and email your paper to the AWC for review.
- Writing tutors will do their best to return your paper with their comments within 48 hours, not including Saturdays and Sundays. Please plan accordingly if you would like to receive feedback before an assignment due date.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.