You are required to make a timeline of the events in the history of American education that made a significant impact, and include a summary of each event.
Guidelines for the Timeline
To create the timeline, use the information from each week’s Timeline Discussion Forum response. (You may use the events you listed or the events your peers have listed. You will upload your text, event by event, to a timeline you create using Tiki-Toki (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. You must include historical events, with each significant time period being represented with at least two different events/individuals.
You must include an introduction timeline slide (as prompted by tiki-toki) that will include your name: Lori Almazan
the name of the course: EDU 324
and a brief description of what your timeline entails. You must include a minimum of 20 historical events; feel free to include more events in the area(s) that you feel were most significant. You are encouraged to use scholarly sources where appropriate. After selecting the historical events, compose a brief summary (25 to 50 words) for each, and select and include a historical image or video that highlights the event. Include a minimum of three sources in addition to your textbook and reference them in APA 6th-edition style. Once the timeline is complete, please include the final tiki-toki link in your written document.
Additional notes regarding the timeline:
- Review the following example of the Final Timeline Assignment for EDU 324 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- The events/figures that have been chosen for the example are not significant to the history of American Education and may not be used in your final timeline.
- When creating your own timeline, please be sure to adjust the date as needed; either the actual date; February 5, 2014 or 2014, whichever is appropriate.
- Please be sure that all images have captions.
Written document must include:
- Cover page
- Reflection of the timeline
- Tiki-toki link
- A reference page
- Determine which event listed in your timeline you feel is the most significant and explain why.
- State which event you found the most interesting and explain why.
- If you had access to a time travel machine, explain which event you would like to have been a part of and why.
- Predict an event that you think will be listed on future timelines and provide a rationale.
Please note you will be graded on the clarity of your narrative and the appropriateness of design (e.g., the quality of the images, how well the images relate to the given event) and the quality of your response to the reflection items.