Week 4 – Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
Internet Based PHR
Internet based personal health records (PHR) are an excellent way of insuring that an individual’s health data remains accessible during a natural disaster. In this discussion, you will assume the role of a health information specialist. A patient of your facility has come to you for advice in selecting an Internet based PHR. Go to the My PHR web site and evaluate three different free PHR systems that are web-based or software-based. In your discussion:
- Identify the three PHR options you reviewed.
- Create criteria to evaluate the three different PHRs (what were you looking for in the product?). You must include a minimum of three criteria.
- Determine which product you would select for your personal use.
- Articulate at least three reasons for the product selection.
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- In your response to you classmates discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the PHRs you selected compared to two of your classmates selections.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your discussion.