I. Interview with a Teacher or Community Educator : Write up an interview with an educator. The first section will provide the background information on the city, school, and students. The second section will be their responses to the following questions and other follow up questions that you come up with. Make sure this is done in a narrative form, punctuated with direct quotes from the interview (see Sample Write-up). Include transcript of your conversation in an appendix.
- What is your educational experience?
- How did you become a teacher or community educator?
- What techniques do you use to connect with your students?
- What do you like about teaching? Dislike about teaching?
- What advice would they give to new teachers or educators?
- How do you connect with your student’s everyday lives?
The final section will provide your analysis of three major findings or implications of the information. More specifically, based on the interview, what three things will you consider in thinking about becoming a teacher. Make sure to make concrete connections to the readings from our course. 4-5 pages double-spaced, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.