Assignment 1: Leadership Styles in the Workplace at Home and Abroad[shortposting]
In this module, you examined four primary leadership theories along with the emerging discursive approach. Along the way, you learned about communication tactics that help leaders and supervisors lead organizations more successfully. These communication and leadership approaches when combined with tactics pave the way for effective leader/follower communications, though not without knowledge of the approaches and tactics and the willingness to learn and use the approaches and tactics. Finally, you have afforded an opportunity to conduct your own research as per the suggested readings, before examining this module’s assignments, and providing a reflection of your own experiences.
Complete the following:
- Identify a current or past leader in your workplace and compare this leader to a leader of a foreign-based organization (not necessarily in the same industry) or foreign country of interest.
- Relate the communications style and the leadership style of your workplace leader to the communications style and the leadership style of the foreign leader.
- Analyze which communication style and leadership style are most suitable for your workplace and culture. Discuss what areas can be improved.
- Summarize your idea of a good leader. Integrate and cite course concepts, terms, and theory throughout your response.
Give reasons in support of your responses. Be sure to cite any relevant resources.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail; include citations of all sources, where needed, according to APA style; and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, comment on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. All comments should be posted to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.