As you may know, more of vocal artists these days experimentally select crossover repertoire for their performances and albums, regardless of their background or specialty. Today, we are listening to four (4) singers – two classical and two popular vocalists – singing both classical AND pop music. The name of the singers and the list of their songs are as follows:[shortposting]
You can go to youtube to listen these songs.
- Chloe – A Girl like me
- Chloe – “Liscia ch’io pianga” from Handel’s opera, Rinaldo
- Michael Bolton – How am I supposed to live without you
- Michael Bolton – “Nessun dorma” from Puccini’s opera, Turandot
- Placido Domingo – “Nessun dorma”
- Placido Domingo – Perhaps love (duet with John Denver)
- Renée Fleming – “O mio babbino caro” from Puccini’s opera, Gianni Schicchi
- Renée Fleming – Halleujah (original song by Leonard Cohen)
Please write 600 words essay talking about styles, vocal techniques, differences in voice usage in crossover / classical repertoire, your thoughts, preferences, etc. I would like you to be original and free with your opinions as I am more interested in reading your views rather than what you think I may appreciate.