In this exam, you will demonstrate your ability to apply organizational change concepts to real-world situations in an organization or organizations with which you are familiar.
– You will choose four (4) topics from the selection offered in the attached table.
– Each of these topics represents an “intervention”—or planned organizational change process.
– Review Chapter 9: Designing Interventions before determining your choice of topics. This chapter familiarizes you with the types of interventions that leaders implement.
– Also review Chapter 11: Evaluating and Institutionalizing Organization Development Interventions. This chapter will help you determine how to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions.
– References to concepts from these chapters are expected.
– Title page – Follow standard format for the MBA program. Go to Doc Sharing and locate the document: “Title page for student papers.”
– Format – per APA manual
nFont: Times New Roman, 12 point
nMargins: per APA
nPage numbers: upper right corner
– Length – Your analyses should be a minimum of eight (6) pages in length; this equates to approximately two (2) pages per each of four (4) topics.
– Terminology and Concepts – Demonstrate mastery of course objectives by:
nUsing and defining organizational change terminology.
nMaking frequent references to and explaining course concepts.
– Examples– Support generalizations with specific examples from the organizational situation you are addressing. Present “pictures” of organizational behavior; include what actions were taken/are to be taken, by whom, where, and when.
– Other Sources –Library research is required for the following topics: Coaching, Workforce Diversity, and Employee Wellness/Stress. Students are encouraged to conduct brief research on other topics. You may also want to reference textbooks from, for example, Contemporary Management, Organizational Behavior, and/or other Leadership Concentration courses. Include a Reference page and cite your sources per APA.
– Citation- Please cite and use references per APA 6th Edition. Use the Student Resources Link to obtain helpful materials. Use the Writing Center and GROWS. A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed references from the online library are required.
Choose four (4) of the topics indicated in the “Topic” column of the following table.
– The headings and subheadings in the “Content of your Analysis” column of the table generally reflect the contents of material in the indicated chapter in your text.
– For most interventions, the textbook includes an introduction on the intervention’s importance, discussion of “Application Stages,” and a section on results.
– To ensure full credit for what you write, include the boldface headings and underlined subheadings that are located in the “Content of your Analysis” column.
– Avoid identifying organizations/employees by name. Use pseudonyms.
Note: If you do not have adequate organizational experience to respond to four of the indicated topics, imagine yourself in a troubled organization. Describe possible needs for improvement and design interventions to address these needs. Feel free to contact your professor for coaching on this alternative.