Note: You may create and/or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment. The business can be any business of your choosing, although it is recommended that you choose a field in which you are currently working or have previously worked so that you are starting with more knowledge. If your selection is a private organization, we ask that you remove any identifying information that would enable someone to identify this organization(s).
For this assignment, you will utilize the different resources listed below (plus your own research strategies) to select a qualified country for your company’s international expansion. To begin, go to the World Bank Group’s Website and review the “Economy Rankings” report located at . Choose two (2) countries from the list (one  from the top of the rankings and one  from the bottom) to complete a comparison of risks. The goal of the risk comparison is to examine the risk factors associated with expanding into the selected countries. You may discuss any of the eleven (11) categories on the report when examining the risk to technology, payment security, physical good / product security, etc. in your risk comparison.
For additional information on the selected countries, you can visit the Central Intelligence Agency’s (CIA) “World Factbook” found at . You may also use the Internet or Strayer databases to conduct any additional research.
Use the basic outline below to draft your paper. Organize your responses to each question (except Questions 1 and 6) under the following section headings:
- Higher-Ranking Country is Considered the Safer Strategy for Expansion. (for Question 2)
- Lower-Ranking Country is Considered the Risky Strategy for Expansion. (for Questions 3)
- Identify which Country You Selected and Why. (for Questions 4 and 5)
- Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you do the following:
- Provide a brief (one  paragraph) description of the organization you have selected for this project. Present the main drivers supporting the decision to expand internationally. Select your expansion strategy (Export, International, Multinational, or Global) and explain this decision.
- Provide a brief description of the higher-ranking country you have selected for this project. Next, analyze the various rankings (provided by the World Bank or CIA World Factbook sites) and discuss the strengths, weaknesses, and key benefits of this selection. You will then examine this country’s major existing trade agreements and predict whether they will assist or deter your venture.
- Provide a brief description about the lower-ranking country you have selected for this project. Next, analyze the various rankings (using the same websites as stated above) and discuss the strengths, weaknesses, and key benefits of this selection. You will then examine this country’s major existing trade agreements and predict whether they will assist or deter your venture.
- Based on your research of comparative advantage, present the primary risks (economic, political, cultural, language, etc.) associated with expanding into the lower-ranking country versus the higher-ranking country. Next, provide the competitive advantages (economic, political, cultural, language, etc.) associated with expanding into the lower-ranking country versus the higher-ranking country.
- Based on this comparative advantage study, suggest which country is the better choice and provide a rationale for your selection. Next, state which key factors you can identify to support your decision.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, doublespaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the economic, political, legal, financial, and cultural factors of global trade.
- Analyze global segmentation, positioning, and research essential for developing a comparative advantage.
- Evaluate the importance of risk mitigation associated with implementing a global market strategy.
- Analyze the main drivers associated with market entry, pricing strategies, and frontline sales in the global marketplace.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global marketing management.
- Write clearly and concisely about global marketing management using proper writing mechanics.
- Click to view the grading rubric.