Providing cost effective care is a professional aspect of the Advance Nurse Practitioner’s role when caring for clients. Diagnostic testing can aid in therapeutic decision making, but contributes substantially to the cost of medical care. Testing is necessary in most cases, and if used improperly can cause significant cost and not lend much to diagnostic accuracy.[shortposting]
Write a 3–5 page APA formatted paper on the need to provide cost effective care without limiting access to care.
- Why this is an important aspect of providing care to patients
- How care can be made more affordable without limiting access to necessary care
- How to maintain cost effectiveness and still get the needed information for a diagnosis without ordering unnecessary diagnostic exams
The finished Assignment should be a 3-5-page descriptive and critical/evaluative essay, excluding the title page and references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the KU Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment,