Prepare 10 slides and add a voice-over component (in PowerPoint). Be sure to present a list of references at the end of presentation. References must be verifiable though a reputable database such as:
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)Provides complete coverage of multidisciplinary, full-text academic journals. Over 9000 full-text journals including nearly 8000 peer-reviewed journals. Some content available as far back as 1887. Searchable cited references for more than 1400 journals. Updated daily.
- EBSCO eBook Collection Contains over 175,000 multidisciplinary eBook titles representing a broad range of academic subject matter including titles from leading university presses. Also contains specialty collections in business and education. Updated regularly.
- Ebook Central – Academic Complete With coverage across all academic disciplines, Academic Complete offers more than 150,000 foundational scholarly ebooks from leading university presses and others. Updated regularly.
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO)Comprehensive coverage of peer-reviewed, business related journals. Includes company reports, case studies, country economic reports, market research reports, SWOT analyses, trade journals and more. Updated daily.
- Business Source Complete – Business Searching InterfaceThe Business Searching Interface provides an easy way to both browse and search for country and economic data, company profiles, industry information and market research.
- IBISWorld IBISWorldIndustry Market Research and Industry Risk Factors provides both current and forecast industry information including trends, operating conditions, structural and revenue risks and more. Reports are updated frequently.
- Skillsoft Books (BusinessPro and ITPro)Also includes IT and Desktop video collections. On demand business, technical content containing thousands of digitized “best in class” books, book summaries, research reports and best practices.
- Proquest Central Over 19,000 periodicals covering 160 subject areas. Comprehensive coverage of over 800 full text newspapers including The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, New York Times and international newspapers. Updated daily.
- Dissertations & Theses Full Text (Proquest) ProQuest Dissertations and Theses is the official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and the database of record for graduate research. PQDT includes nearly 3 million searchable citations to dissertation and theses from around the world from 1743 to the present day together with over 1 million full-text dissertations that are available for download in PDF format. The database offers full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997.
- Academic Video Online Academic Video Online contains more than 67,000 streaming video titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more. It contains documentaries, interviews, performances, news programs and newsreels, field recordings, commercials, demonstrations, original and raw footage.
- ScienceDirect ScienceDirect is a full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books. There are currently more than 11 million articles/chapters. Updated continuously.
- ERIC (EBSCO)ERIC – the Education Resources Information Center – is an online digital library of education research and information. ERIC is sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education. ERIC provides access to education literature to support the use of educational research and information to improve practice in learning, teaching, educational decision-making, and research. Contains journal articles, books, conference papers, technical reports, policy papers and more. Updated weekly.
- SAGE Research Methods SAGE Research Methods contains content from over 720 books, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and handbooks, the entire “Little Green Book,” and “Little Blue Book” series, two Major Works collating a selection of journal articles, and specially commissioned videos. As SAGE Research Methods focuses on methodology rather than disciplines, it can be used across the social sciences, health sciences, and more. Users can explore ways to help them design research projects, understand particular methods or identify a new method, conduct their research, and write up their findings.
- Google ScholarGoogle Scholar provides citations to millions of scholarly articles, books and other materials. It also will give you a link to the full text of a source if it is available at Trident (look for the Find @ Trident link). One of the best things about Google Scholar is its ability to show cited references for articles; a big plus when doing advanced research.