In Week One, you will choose a generic organization (manufacturing plant, hospital, etc.). Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Your research has identified the following problems:
- Role conflicts within groups
- Communication problems among group members
- Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members
- Excessive intergroup conflict
In an eight- to ten-page paper, include the following:
- Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
- Explanation of how each problem could impact a group’s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
- Recommendations to resolve each problem
- Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources.
The Research Project
The generic organization that I will focus on in my research is Mayo Clinic Hospital, in Rochester, Minnesota. This one of the best healthcare organizations in the US. The hospital has bene in operation for more than 100 years providing quality healthcare and information to patients and communities. The hospital provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of medical conditions as well as providing surgical procedures. Mayo Clinic has a workforce of about 34,000 people comprising of physicians, scientists, and allied health staff. As such, group behavior in such an environment is critical for the success of the organization. Thus, increasing or boosting employee productivity is a major issue of concern for the organization’s management. It is important for the large workforce in the organization to work as a team to help the hospital meet its core objectives.
Consequently, in this research, I will focus on studying the factors that enhance or contribute to employee productivity within the organization. Among some of the factors that I will seek to understand better in relation to the productivity of the group of workers in the organization include cohesion, positive management, good communication, and proactive employees among others. I have elected to use this approach in the research because it will help determine how Mayo Clinic Hospital can enhance the productivity of its huge workforce to ensure it provides quality services in line with its objectives.
My paper has to be on this topic and followed by the guidelines of the paper above .